Essentials of Worship
When to arrive. What to expect.
Come & worship
Two services each Sunday give shape to Good Shepherd worship life:
- Sunday 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday 10:30 a.m.
- (Second worship starts at 10:00 a.m. during summer months from June-August)
During the school year (September – May), Sunday School is offered for three-year-olds through 5th grade, during both worship services.
On the first and third Sunday of each month, Good Shepherd’s weekend services include Holy Communion. God’s gifts of bread and wine assure us of Christ’s forgiveness and presence in our lives. The table is open to all baptized Christians. Come and eat.
If you have questions about Good Shepherd’s communion practice, or if you wish to learn more about this special meal, please contact our pastor.
Who you’ll meet
Good Shepherd worship draws a diversity of people who search for meaning in a confusing world. You’ll meet others who seek nourishment for faithful living, a place to belong, and a way to serve God in the world.
Let the children come
Worship during the school year begins with the children present with their parents. Following the children’s sermons the children are invited to attend Sunday School. In the summer families worship together through the whole service. Weekly worship helps build into the fabric of family life the message that we are connected to God and one another.
Sunday morning services at 8:30 and 10:30 include a children’s message that both children and adults enjoy.
- Bags stuffed with soft toys, books, and crayons are available for the children.
- Staffed childcare is available on Sundays as needed.
- Audio speakers broadcast the service in the Welcome Area and the Nursery Room, if your child needs a break from worship.
- Children’s “Gloria Dei” choir are a joy to hear at worship.
Gracious, kind, welcoming, inclusive are words that are often used to describe this congregation.
What to look for if you are new:
- A staff member. They’ll help you find your way.
- An usher at the door, wearing a white usher name tag are there to provide you with the bulletin and to help with any questions.
- The Welcome Area is a place you can pick up information about the church, including newsletters, brochures, service opportunities, and words of welcome.
Parking is provided at the north, south, and east of the church. Handicap parking is available near the main sanctuary entrance. More »
Special helps: Large-print bulletins and digital wireless listening devices are available for worship. Just step into the Sanctuary and ask an usher. The church building is all on one floor making it accessible for all.
Get your bearings: View a campus map »
Good Shepherd Sanctuary: Step inside virtually before you arrive. Photos »